FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:25 am
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by Helix33
Hello ExpertFlyer Voice,

I've noticed that I can't see LX seatmaps for economy class, but I can for all other classes of travel. Economy seatmaps seem to regularly show "PRS NOT ALLOWED THIS CLASS OR ZONE" message. If this is a known problem, is there any timeline to getting that fixed?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm aware of the message , but that is not the case in my experience, as Swiss do allow pre-assigned seating on many flights (for a fee), including the ones that I regularly look at.
That's the message being returned to us from Swiss, so there is nothing for us to fix. When you see that it means they are not allowing travel agents to assign seats, at least in Y, for those flights. As such they don't return a seat map when requested.

As our note states this is only for some flights. We just checked LX 15 for Oct 15th and see the Economy seat map on that flight, as an example.

Originally Posted by scubadu
How is ITA Matrix able to accomplish this? I know it may not be exactly the same, but conceptually, it's close; ITA Matrix can certainly accept a list of multiple airports and return multiple, priced out results.
Apples and oranges. ITA has their own schedule, availability, and fare data and is the pricing engine for many airline and travel websites. EF uses the GDS APIs for data and is limited by their capabilities.