FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:33 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am a bit perplexed. I have, as far as I can tell requalified for Gold as I have 1200 (will be 1280 when the latest SOF - LHR posts). I had to obtain 1125 by 31st December so I have crossed that threshold. My renewal is April 2023. However in Manage My Account it saysTo retain Gold membership you need an additional:

300 Tier Points

I am confused. Should I call or when will they notify me?
wanderingjock is correct. As you have a APR2023 renewal, the reduced tier points for renewal will be actioned until sometime in January. From ba.com:
Please note, Members with a Tier Point Collection Year end date in 2023 will see the normal Tier Point threshold in the ‘My Account’ area on ba.com and the British Airways app from the start of their Tier Point collection year.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to upgrade your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will automatically be upgraded once you have earnt the required number of Tier Points. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

If your Tier Point Collection Year end date is in 2023 and you are eligible to renew your Tier status under the reduced Tier Point thresholds, your membership will be automatically renewed in January 2023. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...s-and-benefits