FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: ORD / Chicago O'Hare International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:15 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by pjs
Flying ATL-ORD-DOH on New Years Eve arriving 4pm into ORD and departing to DOH at 6:35pm. AA award ticket on AA F and QR J. I assume we arrive T3 and depart T5. Assuming on time arrival into ORD, what time do we need to depart Flagship Lounge to head to T5? We have clear and precheck it that helps. Thanks.
Update on this. We have no real timing issues anymore as AA canceled the later ATL-ORD flight and put us on a midday flight. We'll have about 4 hours in the Flagship Lounge.

However, my oldest is flying from BDL and meeting us at ORD to join us on our QR legs. AA has also canceled her nonstop from BDL and put her on a connection through DCA that doesn't get her to ORD until 4:15pm. I'm not willing to risk that so I can just cancel her AA legs and start her award ticket in ORD. If I do that and get her to ORD on UA (nonstop arrives around 1pm), I assume she'll just have to go to T5 and wait for QR check-in to open to check her bag? Then she can go to T3 and meet us at the Flagship Lounge. Is there any possibility of her checking her bag with AA as it's an AA award ticket? I assume not if there's no AA leg. If so, does QR check-in open exactly three hours before the flight? Thanks.