FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MLLs - information & experiences (July 2022 onwards)
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:46 pm
kangarooflyer88

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Originally Posted by TheViperOne
Gotta love credit card access.
Perhaps I'm missing something here but are there that many Canadian credit cards that are handing out Maple Leaf Lounge access? My understanding is there are like one or two premium credit cards where one must fork out $500/year that have such a perk. Certainly as an AmEx Platinum card holder, I'm not getting any access to these lounges. Having visited a couple of these lounges back in July and pre-pandemic, I would make the argument that the issue is very simple: Air Canada simply needs to increase the size of their lounges. For instance, here in Australia Qantas has two lounges at most major airports: a Qantas club which is open to those holding QF Gold (OneWorld Sapphire) status and a QF Business lounge which is open to QF Platinum (OneWorld Emerald) and those travelling in J. The size of each of those lounges is roughly the same as a AC domestic lounge and from my experience do they rarely run chock-a-block.

-RooFlyer88