FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refunds for E+ / Preferred fees (upgrades, seat changes, cancellations, ...) [Merged]
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:11 am
serpens

Economy Plus Seat refund?

I paid for a seat upgrade but later cancelled the flight. I thought I had read on FlyerTalk that the fee for the seat upgrade would be refunded to the original form of payment after the scheduled flight, which is now over two weeks ago. It has not been refunded. Do I need to be more patient or take some action?

Gory details. I made a flight reservation but needed to cancel the flight. I used that credit plus additional money to make another reservation that is the subject of this post. It was on this reservation that I paid for the seat upgrade, with more additional money. About two months before the flight, I decided to cancel it. I received a credit which I have used for yet another flight (yet to be flown). The credit did not include the seat upgrade fee. Although I believe I read on FT that I could call and request a refund of the seat upgrade fee, I also thought I read that it would be automatic after the flight had flown, and I decided to wait. Now, when I search My trips at united.com, I can see the PNR for the the cancelled flight. But when I click on the PNR or the associated "View details" link, I get a message "Your confirmation number, a 6 character alphanumeric code, and/or last name is not valid." What should I do?

Thank you.