FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2022, 9:59 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by hi55us
Any recent reviews on this property? Looks like it was renovated in 2019 and appears quite nice. Hoping to use a SNA as a platinum and I am wondering what is on offer for the free breakfast as well.
I think it may be 30 years since the hotel was actually renovated. But it does get refreshed every 5 years or so. The bar area was redone 5 years ago. The rooms seem to have been refreshed a bit more recently, but this is my first stay since the pandemic. Last year I stayed at the Renaissance and the year before at the Sheraton Cerritos. I'm happier here at the Westin.

Breakfast is very nice. Better than most US Bonvoy hotels. Elites get free breakfast for two and the menu is good. Typical American fare, plus they have a good huevos rancheros plate. All off the menu. No buffet here.

Although I haven't been recently, I've stayed here off and on for over 25 years now. Without asking I got my usual suite upgrade at the end of the hall.

Self parking is now $35 per night.

The pool and jacuzzi are going strong and the gym has all new equipment.

LOTS of air crew stay here now. This hotel always had BA and one or two other airlines. Now they also have Iberia, Level and several others. All day and night there are air crews coming and going.