FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:17 am
Visconti

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
but in the end, gaming theo rules all. it would be very difficult for non-gaming noir w/ no host to really maximize hyatt noir status besides published benefits.
Though probably not as refined as now, I suspect that even from inception, they likely had a coding to differentiate Hyatt matched Noirs from legacy ones. Hosts & Mlife desks will surely have this clearly noted but I'm not sure about the FD. My guess is they probably do when it comes to which Noirs they should be generous with on the suite upgrades and late checkout "upon availability." Aside from that, I think Noirs of all stripes receive the published benefits, just not the "courtesy" ones.

Pre-pandemic, I think most felt that the growth of the convention and leisure family travel business was a good enough hedge to lessen their almost fanatical reliance on driving gaming revenue--I'd imagine their conviction on this premise may be revaluated after Covid. For some of us, gambling is not only fun, but in our blood; it's a beloved hobby that we can't imagine not engaging in, Covid notwithstanding. The world could burn, and if they keep the Strip pristine & safe, I'll be there at the BJ, crap tables and VP machines. There's a certain value in catering to a client/customer who values your product to such an extent that he/she almost can't live without it.

So, yes, I'd imagine now and until the end of time, theo should rule in Sin City, as it always has.