FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DEL or BOM for in terminal transit hotel for early morning international flight?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:09 pm
miles_navigator

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by galaticos
BLR does get fog in twilight hours.. often 6am-8am departures are delayed (domestic atleast).. it's much much lesser than DEL and hardly anything in last 3-4 years.. I'd recommend keeping LHR connecting times for atleast 3-4 hrs as backup..

Did you try EY award routing? I'm assuming QR showed nil as usual.. If flying to US west coast - BLR now has a JL flight to NRT that might be useful?
Yikes, the BA metal flight out of BLR is around 7am IST (in late Jan). Also, the layover in LHR is barely 2 hours and that the last LHR to SEA flight but it is BA to BA metal so hopefully in T5. I was going to request 'assistance' for them so they can get shuffled at LHR. Do they re-do security check in the intra-T5 international connection?

Their final destination is DFW and the routing they got was BLR-->LHR-->SEA-->DFW. The last being on AS metal in coach but that is not a long flight. They didn't want to come to JFK, spend the night w/me or at a hotel and get on the 1st AA flight at 640am departure from JFK to DFW the next day. They wanted to go straight through if possible and get home.

They did have an option to overnight in LHR and take the BA metal next day from LHR to DFW but I advised against it because I thought at LHR you have reclaim checked luggage if you overnight. Did I get that wrong? If LHR will hold checked luggage then I will look for a routing with LHR overnight then. Edited to add: Ok confirmed that BA will hold luggage overnight at LHR and booked them now w/ overnight in LHR so no worrying about flight delays or missing connections. Thanks for the suggestions.

No availability on JAL. I thought JAL didn't provide straight routing from India to/from USA without breaking it up into segments when using AA miles. I see the JAL BLR to NRT leg in coach but frankly they are on the old side to do coach on such a long trip since they are continuing on beyond Japan.

Nothing on EY or QR showed up. Seems like QR seems like they are holding back or charging like 200K AS miles 1 way or something ridiculous.

Last edited by miles_navigator; Sep 11, 2022 at 8:55 am Reason: confirmed BA will hold checked luggage overnight at LHR <24 hours on same PNR