FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine
Old Sep 9, 2022, 12:26 pm
jaytw

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plus Platinum, Caesar's Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by Evan Bost
Thank you both for looking into it.
At this point, I'm just hoping I can find any useful redemption for a long leg of biz class using the 180k Asia Miles I transferred. Might have to settle for HKG to mainland US, and book a separate itinerary to get from BKK to HKG. But even searching HKG to the US I'm not seeing award space for those dates, 4/22-4/24
Since you mention 180K miles, I'm assuming you're booking for two?
I'm seeing J1 for Royal Jordanian BKK-AMM-JFK on 4/23 as well as BKK-AMM-ORD. Since BKK-AMM shows J2, you should hypothetically be able to book both, that is, if you don't mind traveling traveling separately for the second half of the trip and somehow reuniting after JFK/ORD. I tested the booking process and can confirm it does go past the passenger detail entry.

In the same vein, there is also the option for BKK-AMM-ORD + BKK-AMM-YYZ on 4/24.

Alternatively, if you can travel just one day later on 4/25, I'm seeing J2 for BKK-HKG-JFK on CX.

By the way, while doing these searches, I realised there was a regression in the code that went back to showing the larger number of seats between the two flights instead of the lower one. It has been fixed in 2.3.3

Last edited by jaytw; Sep 9, 2022 at 12:33 pm