FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedia didn't reticket so had to buy a new flight - any recourse?
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:55 am
travellingwigbury

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Expedia didn't reticket so had to buy a new flight - any recourse?

I had a booking made with Expedia for a VS flight in March 2020, which I had to cancel due to Covid. I was issued with Airline credit through Expedia for the cost of the flight.

I had issues last year trying to use the credit voucher to make another VS booking - Expedia (numerous times both on the phone and web chat) kept directing me to Virgin, Virgin stated quite clearly that it was down to Expedia. I ended up emailing them both together, requesting a new booking to be made, suggesting that I may need to escalate further if things couldn't be resolved.

I then got an email from Expedia with the flight details, and was able to choose seats directly with VS, and even got flight time updates from Expedia, so I assumed all was good.

I wasn't able to check in online yesterday, and on getting to LHR, Virgin told me that although the reservation was there, it wasn't ticketed. I eventually got through to Expedia support via their web chat, but they said that they couldn't do anything to help. At this point I'd missed my flight. Having spoken again with the VS ticket staff, I ended up booking a new flight online.

Do I have any grounds for reimbursement from Expedia, or do I just put this down to a) me not checking that it was ticketed and b) Not trusting Expedia in the future with flight bookings ? I'll check the paperwork for my travel insurance too, though I doubt they would be able to help.

Thanks in advance...