FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The way of the Dodo? - 1K upgrades, PP or CPU
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:24 pm
rbakker

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by seanp7
I searched for you, 5 mins:
EWR-LHR 9 Sept PZ = 5
EWR-KEF 11 Sept PZ = 4

They are there, but they are rarer - which is well documented in this thread because demand is up, even more than your late 2021 search. UA sometimes releases J saver awards and PZ space when the J cabin is reasonably empty and their algorithm doesn't expect it to fill with P/C/D/J fares.

Waitlisting is absolutely more common; if you aren't willing to search/be flexible, or take the waitlist gamble, then I agree that PP's are useless.
Thanks! KEF only gets you halfway to Europe but I get your point and I did find a BOS-LHR one on Sep 12.
I suppose a good idea would be to book award travel and then in the days before get ready to cancel it if a non-waitlisted option comes up to get me across the pond. I'll try it out when I try to go SFO-AMS at the end of October. Thanks again.

UPDATE: when going to book my flight I noticed that there was no waitlist! Maybe I've been too harsh. Booked and PlusPoints applied!

Sorry for the possibly noob question but where do you see PZ status? Thanks.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 8, 2022 at 8:21 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member