FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United forced to suspend JFK service due to expiration/lack of slots, end of Oct 2022
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:32 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mraju99
I'm about equidistant to EWR and JFK (guess where I live :-) so I don't have a preference but I end up at EWR 9/10 times just given the volume of flights there. But the real head scratcher for me is that I always heard JFK-SFO/LAX was restarted due to corporate preferences for JFK. Okay... but then you put 757s with crappy J seats on these supposedly premium heavy routes?! Those seats may have been competitive 10 years ago but with JetBlue's Mint seats, AA, DL, not to mention United's own Polaris seats, I find it hard to believe that their corporate customers are all of a sudden happy with flying on UA again. Last year, they used to commonly fly 767s out of JFK, and EWR was a mix of 757/777/787. Now, EWR is almost entirely 777 to SFO/LAX, and JFK is pretty much always 757. I get that with the return of travel, they might be short of planes / pilots, but one would expect that the JFK-SFO/LAX routes would be pretty high up on their priority list to get true Polaris cabins to keep their corporate customers happy.
UA couldn't fill butts with the larger 767 planes.