FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United forced to suspend JFK service due to expiration/lack of slots, end of Oct 2022
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:23 pm
mraju99

I'm about equidistant to EWR and JFK (guess where I live :-) so I don't have a preference but I end up at EWR 9/10 times just given the volume of flights there. But the real head scratcher for me is that I always heard JFK-SFO/LAX was restarted due to corporate preferences for JFK. Okay... but then you put 757s with crappy J seats on these supposedly premium heavy routes?! Those seats may have been competitive 10 years ago but with JetBlue's Mint seats, AA, DL, not to mention United's own Polaris seats, I find it hard to believe that their corporate customers are all of a sudden happy with flying on UA again. Last year, they used to commonly fly 767s out of JFK, and EWR was a mix of 757/777/787. Now, EWR is almost entirely 777 to SFO/LAX, and JFK is pretty much always 757. I get that with the return of travel, they might be short of planes / pilots, but one would expect that the JFK-SFO/LAX routes would be pretty high up on their priority list to get true Polaris cabins to keep their corporate customers happy.