FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AUS Airport General Questions [master thread]
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:23 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm a little late to the party, but there was a power outage at AUS this morning that pretty much shut down everything. Power is restored, but sounds like it is still a mess:
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...port-terminal/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Power was restored to Barbara Jordan Terminal at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport just before 8 a.m. Wednesday after travelers were left in the dark for two to three hours that morning.

The airport posted on social media just before 5 a.m. confirming a power outage in the terminal. It said, “airport teams have been dispatched to investigate the cause of the outage.” An AUS spokesperson told KXAN just before 6:30 a.m. backup generators did kick in then.

AUS said flights were previously halted, but as of 9:48 a.m. the ground stop was lifted. KXAN crews inside the terminal said security lines began screening passengers at 7:40 a.m., and AUS officials confirmed this.
I'm flying out later today on the BA flight, so hoping everything is better (I'm sure not best) by then. The aircraft left LHR on-time and is scheduled to arrive at AUS on-time.