FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New "Invitation-only" restaurant "Classified" at EWR. Reopened 13 September 2022
Old Sep 6, 2022, 4:35 pm
Elola

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, DL Silver Medallion, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Wow. Are they serving 24K gold plated Ossetra Caviar? Just don't understand why you would go out of your way and spend extra $$ just to visit "Classified"... Just curious?.

AeRo
Not 24K gold plated, but they *did* have Ossetra-topped oysters as a menu item on a few of my prior visits, plus an incredible whiskey selection (Boss Hog, Pappy) if that's your thing. Stuff that you can't really find elsewhere in the airport.

Originally Posted by narvik
Never been myself, but from the sounds of it, it's an oasis in the cesspool that is EWR!
That seems like a good enough reason!
😎
That's exactly it! It is by far the quietest and most elegant area in the entire airport, with excellent service and food to boot. PLs have a limited menu and often a long wait for a seat in the restaurant, I'd rather pay to eat a delicious meal at Classified (assuming the quality remains as solid as it was pre-pandemic) and then head over to the PL for post-dinner drinks before catching a flight than wait for an hour+ for a meh burger, even if it's "free". I'd put the food, service, and ambiance at Classified on par with many 1-star Michelin restaurants in NYC (though don't get me started on that debate, lol).