FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:01 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
I'm obviously not attempting to deny your experience of United FA service, but just to add another data point: my experience has been that the vast majority of United FAs I have encountered in decades of flying and continuing through this past year do want to provide good service and don't do only the bare minimum.
All good. For additional context, I fly across a lot of carriers (200K+ miles a year even during the height of the pandemic), and the contrast is visible. Currently on my way back east flying AS, where FAs are cheerful, approachable, knowledgeable, and just genuinely wanting pax to have good experience.

Side note, egg (sunny side up), potatoes, and kale breakfast served on the AS flight I am on was delicious. AS, in particular, leaves me wanting more; while UA, especially, leaves much to be desired. I would fly AS a lot more except I am east coast based.