FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 4:49 pm
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by desafino
currently on the way back from wlg-syd-sfo-ewr. syd-sfo is delayed leaving me with a sub 1 hr connection. most sfo-ewr tomorrow seem to be sold out in front. what can i reasonably expect ua to do when i talk to an agent on the phone or in syd? will they bump other people from J or rebook on OAL just because of the fare class? and because the mileage price is so low, should i expect any refund if we have to travel in y?
First, try to catch your original SFO-EWR flight. Even if you miss it, UA will try to put you in standby for business class on next flight.
Second, check App to see whether or not you can confirm to a later flight if you are 90% sure of misconnection. Typically, there are two seats remaining on some flights. Because of the delay of SYD-SFO (ie, irregular operation), there will be some options available to you (e.g., take a one stop if nonstop is not available).
Good luck!