FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrived in Ireland (American) given permission to remain only 8 days?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:53 pm
catbox9

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Wherver else you went in Europe on previous trips is of no concern to an Irish Immigration Officer.

I'm wondering if this might be connected in some way to your passport expiry date,

The limit on your current entry stamp does not necessarially mean you will be refused entry the next time you try and enter. The officer then could give you 90 says or just the length of your proposed stay + one day.just as now.
My passport expires July, 2024 so that's not the issue.

I think it just really caught me off guard because he barely even talked to me. Asked me why I'm here (I said tourism). He asked me how long I'll be here (I said seven days). He asked if I've been here before (I said yes) and then that was it. I arrived in Europe via Scotland and that person had a million questions for me and wanted proof of everything I claimed to be doing and I was only there 3 days. They don't stamp passports so I assume I was admitted for 90 days but she didn't clarify.