FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:47 pm
TheBagman

Programs: UA Platinum
I'm flying United into Dehli at 9pm Monday, then have a international connection to KTM at 2pm the next day on Vistara. This is on one UA ticket (separate PNR for Vistara). The flight to KTM is NOT one of the ones code-shared with United, in case that matters.
I have an eVisa and plan to exit the airport and stay in the hotel adjacent to the airport and spend a some hours in the morning around Dehli before returning to the airport.

My question is whether a (potential) checked bag at the origin will show up on the carousel in Dehli, or will it get interlined to Vistara? Note this is a "17 hour I-I overnight transfer". My plan was to ask the UA check-in agent as well.

The return path is identical but with a "5-hour same-day" transfer scenario, I am more confident from other answers that the interline will work here and I will not enter India to collect/drop a checked bag, but let me know if this is incorrect.

I've spent about 30 minutes searching this thread and others and can't find this scenario. Thanks in advance.