FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get hotels with walking distance of convention in Paris at last moment?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Trying to get hotels with walking distance of convention in Paris at last moment?

I am a medical oncologist - attending EMSO (European Society of Medical Oncology) conference in Paris (starting on Fri Sept 9) - currently booked to stay at
MERCURE PARIS MONTPARNASSE PASTEUR

Conference to take place at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.

I want stay at a L'Accor hotel - for a variety of reasons - including benefits related to my status (I am a Diamond member)

But Ideally I would like to stay at a L'Accor Hotel within easier walking distance to Paris Expo, than the Mercure Hotel.
RIght now, from what I understand from the hotel -it might 30 min from point to point (hotel to Paris Expo) whehther I use the subway or walk the 2.5 km

I would like to stay at one of these hotels - within 1 km convention centre of he Paris Expo.The Mercure Hotel was booked directly through my travel agent- so it is not at a conference rate. The Mercure Hotel reservation can be cancelled almost at the last moment - room rate/deposit is totally refunable.

My travel agent asked about the guaranteed reservation benefit for Diamond L'Accor members at the 2 Novotel Hotels- no possibility of using this benefit as likely ESMO housing bureau has booked every room in both hotels. I am not surprised and I am therefore not disappointed at this turn of events.

ESMO housing bureau no longer responsible for hotel reservations or rooms (which have not been booked and those rooms which are cancelled) from Sept 1.

So I am hoping for cancellations, so I can snag a reservation at 1 of the Novotels.

My travel agent is monitoring for cancellations on his computer screen.

I have emailed the general customer service email for both Novotels- no response yes.

I wonder if you can (perhaps pm) forward me the manager's email addresses of these 2 hotels and/or the general manager of all L'Accor hotels in Paris.
I ask because a similar situation with the conference occured a few years ago- but in that case, I had no reservation and I was trying to find a reservation at the last moment. So I emailed the general manager of a Marriott hotel near the convention centre in that European city - manager gave me a room even though the public and travel agent web sites continued to show no vacancy at the time the general manager informed me there was a room to be booked, due to a recent cancellation.

PS-any other ways to try to get a Novotel Hotel room, at time of cancellation