FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:02 am
work2fly

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Well if Finnair cancelled a flight for which you have a confirmed upgraded, they should move over the upgrade to the changed flight if it is AY operated if there is availability in J (regardless of award space being available)

https://www.finnair.com/en/info/trav...and-conditions
Originally Posted by ffay005
All things considered, I would find this solution acceptable. They've given in and cancelled segments you don't need anymore, even on a separate, (theoretically) unrelated ticket.
I'm going to push again to get the upgrade confirmed. We had confirmed upgrades at the time of purchase (March 2022) for a Monday flight ARN-LAX. There was a schedule change in April that moved the flight to Tuesday, which we accepted, and the upgrade remained confirmed. The proposed change for the ARN cancellation was for a Wednesday HEL-LAX flight with a confirmed upgrade, but we couldn't make that work due to children's school schedules. We're now on a Sunday flight HEL-LAX, which is just one day prior to our original flight. There are four of us, so I really don't want to leave these upgrades to chance. I see 9 in all the J class fare buckets except for I, which has 5. There seems to be plenty of space.