FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:26 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Wife and I have played tennis there. The tennis courts are by the entrance to the compound off the main road, a long walk from the hotel (you can of course get a buggy ride if you don't want to walk). Keep in mind they serve not only the hotel but also the condos, etc. There is a pro shop with a gym there by the tennis courts (separate from the hotel gym). They definitely had free rackets, but we definitely paid for balls. We ended up buying more from Walgreens at some point for cheaper, but the price difference wasn't huge (we had to go to Walgreens anyhow). Courts were fine. You should reserve your times in advance. I agree there is very little demand for tennis (it is often excruciatingly humid on the island, particularly this time of year... not too bad hiking El Yunque where it's cooler, but even at 8am it was too much for us to play more than one hour of tennis). But when we have played, there have been others playing too (more so from the condo side, I believe).

As for expecting the staff to know more about it, well... all I can say is you are likely going to experience similar communication in all kinds of contexts. It's Puerto Rico. You're not going to get Aman-level service anywhere. But you'll get warm, friendly service with a top notch hard product. Hope you have a great time, it remains one of our favorite properties anywhere.
Thanks for the detailed information -- do you know if they have ball machines / carts? Mmy wife and I both enjoy drilling each other and it's much easier if you aren't picking up balls all the time! We are very familiar with the humidity levels there -- but they are nothing compared to Tokyo when we play (my wife is Japanese and we live in NYC / Tokyo) - so we are prepared for that I hope! We will be bringing boxes of the Gatorade zero powder to replenish!