FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Fix for the New "Elevated" Award Booking Engine
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:57 am
36902BRF

Originally Posted by pjacobs2267
Thank you all for these postings and hacks. I have a more general topic: Is it going to be worth accumulating Asia Miles now, given that Cathay essentially disabled the ability to search for flights and use partner awards (their web site says to fill out a form to request a partner award)? As most of you probably know, American Express is currently offering a transfer bonus. This isn't especially useful if you can't book with the miles.

In the past, Asia Miles have been a great value with great flexibility, for example, in getting Qatar Q Suites through Doha, JAL biz. flights through HND, Finnair through HEL, etc. What is the likelihood that this will continue, given that they haven't taken the care to keep the partner search feature active?
I transferred about 200k from Amex to CX before the website "upgrade" to get the bonus. I was planning on transferring more before the bonus ends today but I am passing due to the debacle of a website for the moment. I assume (hope) it will get fixed but it may be a while, don't get me started on airlines and IT. Since my transfers were speculative in nature (no immediate plan to use) I'll wait for them to fix the website.