FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (EFRS) Discussion (was: Japan opening up)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:55 am
freakazoid

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by seigex
I went ahead and requested a visa for entering on 10/31 through JGA, with the yen prices what they are right now it was $144. It's possible the price will drop or go away before then but given how hard it is to find availability for ANA awards, and with the fuel price surcharge changes on awards, I don't want to risk that I wait too long, and it hits the 50k cap or something and I have to try and rebook my flight. I'll let you all know how it goes.
The 50k cap limits how many flights can be sold, if you already have one booked, you don't need to worry about it. I'd double check that the flight is actually happening with the class you booked though.

Originally Posted by XUEC
I just paid the fee for myself +1 and completed the eVisa application for both of us. Will keep folks updated. Anyone know how long the eVisa should take to process assuming everything is OK and I didn't just flush 40k yen down the toilet?
The FAQ says it takes 5 working days, reports seems to indicate it goes a bit faster than that.