FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Autoslash (General Discussion)
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:17 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by zdcatc12
I used your discount on my current rental, thank you very much. It is a Hertz rental in PHL. The discounted rate was using the AMEX Platinum discount. My normal card for all my rentals is DC and that is the primary card on my profile. I am PC with Hertz, but as this rental was for a Premium, I used that car instead. This meant going inside to the counter. There was no issue about the rate, but during check-in, the agent changed my primary card on my profile to a work AMEX and took off my DC as the primary card. Is using the AMEX to pay for the rental required for this rate? Usually I get a car from the PC and just drive out the gate and it always gets charged to my DC regardless of the discount. I ended up putting my DC in the payment thing, so that should be what it is charged to, but I was just wondering if this is standard with this code?

I only knew about the change because I got an email about it and looked up my profile when I got to my destination.
Something else must've been going on there. The discount code used on the rental has absolutely nothing to do with the card you use for payment in Hertz's system. We've never seen or heard what you are describing. Maybe some sort of glitch or agent error? It's hard to speculate since it seems so out of the norm.