FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (EFRS) Discussion (was: Japan opening up)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:13 am
justinyvr

Originally Posted by Kishiwada
Okay, so as pinged by seigex - here's some information so far on my Last-Minute-Totally-On-The-Fly-Do-Not-Recommend-Doing-This Trip to Japan.

(And by last minute, I mean we were going to go to Korea. Then Japan said "eh, no testing needed for entry" and I went "Eeeeeeehhh?!?!!?" Stupid Kishi. Which reminds me, I gotta call ANA to confirm that we're not going to get in trouble for not having a test done if we show up at LAX...)

So, we're due to depart next week, and I decided yeah, to hell with it. Let's do this. Why? No testing (we're 3x vax though), and this trip was meant to be a 40th birthday gift for my partner. We needed something good to look forward to, and this was it for the better part of the year. We've shortened the trip a bit as we had a ton of time squared away for Tokyo in order to attend a sumo match, but we could not get tickets and also... we can skip that for now. My partner pointed out that, based on the results of the last basho, we kind of want to go when most of the rikishi will be involved, and not pulling out due to illness.

As a result, our itinerary is now about 16 days long, and we've received our ERFS from Japan Guide Agency and have submitted our Visas using the eVISA for Canada/USA residents. (I did this about an hour ago, and I am now very studiously NOT looking at my email account, otherwise I would be refreshing constantly.)

-snip-
-snip-

Last edited by justinyvr; Sep 1, 2022 at 9:56 pm