FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:17 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
Not just hurt feelings. A true luxury hotel would not want to have guests fighting for a suite upgrade with entitlement at check in. It creates unnecessary friction that sours the stay. I think it's better to set and exceed lower expectation than to over promise and underdeliver.
I must say - someone arguing that it's better that a hotel does not provide upgrades is not what I would have expected. It's a bit odd how every negative action taken by Hyatt and its affiliates is somehow twisted by someone on this forum to be something positive. Let's just call it like it is - the PHNY and its ownership seem to think that alienating some of their Globalist frequent guests is a small enough price to pay when compared to the supposed revenue they will lose by giving some of their suites to paying guests who book base rooms. That's their decision, and consumers will decide if they can live with that or not.