FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Hyatt Business Card
View Single Post
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:15 pm
beltway

Originally Posted by xooz
Just got the card, but can't figure out how to quickly ask for expedited delivery. As a new account, I only know the last 4 digits of the card and can't get through the phone menus. Sent a secure message, but this may take a while.

ETA: Finally got through... they kept asking for a Pin, so I just kept hitting # until they finally got me a person.
FWIW, my practice is to send an SM the instant I know of the approval. My experience is that Chase rarely takes more than 24 hrs to reply & typically does so much sooner than that.

I should note that one side benefit of requesting expedited delivery on a personal Chase card is that you’ll usually get two cards (one expedited, one by slow boat) that are identical down to the CVV. If you have a domestic partner helping out with spend but don’t want to burden them with an AU card & the associated 5/24 hit, this can be a substantial convenience. I mean, when was the last time* a cashier looked at the name on the card you’re presenting for payment?

[*Staples, at least in the DC area, does demand ID & checks it against the printed cardholder name for gift card purchases as an anti-fraud measure. IME they are very much an outlier in this respect.]