FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:39 pm
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Would generally agree until there is no WiFi nearby. Two instances on recent trip. Delayed TrenItalia train (delays seem the norm from what I experienced) where there was no wifi on the train and I had to look for alternate trains to take. Fortunately, the train we were connecting to was delayed and a bunch of the passenger made it to the second train. Trans-Atlantic flight cancelled at MXP and had to look United app to see what alternates were possible while also calling United customer service to protect us/get seat assignments on alternatives. Of course the MXP airport wasn't working for any of us.

I think next time, I'd either buy the 15GB $50 pass (like I have in the past) or give the new e-sim roaming vendors a try where you just sign up and they send you a QR code to set up the iPhone with a 2nd SIM for data.
I hear you, but when I was in Rome and Naples it worked flawlessly for me. I understand there’s going to be an issue that’s an outlier. I’ve used T-Mobile on extensive international travel and never bought a program nor a pass.