FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Aug 25, 2022, 8:45 am
samosa

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by glitchy
Is there anything that will give me the functionality of the old "low-price guarantee" part of the website?

I have a round-trip booked that had the outbound price go up and the return go down. All I could figure out how to do was change the return leg to something else and then change the return leg again back to my original flight, which opens the possibility for availability vanishing mid-change. (The "change my flight" search functional oh-so-helpfully doesn't show the original flight.)

Other ideas:
  • I could cancel and rebook the whole itinerary, which would be fine if both segments had gotten cheaper but isn't so useful here.
  • I could ditch the return leg only and rebook, which afaik splits the ticket between PNRs, which seems not ideal because if they mess with one of my flights I want them to change the other one without an argument.
Any other ideas?
if you change the flight and click lowest available, does it not show the same itinerary with a lower fare class?