FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2022)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:08 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I doubt you will get to EWR tonight -- FRA > LIS for connections -- but in this case take the first flight to the EU you can -- EWR is a mess because of storms to the west of the airport.... And to me Lufthansa is better than TAP for displaced passengers -- but if you are comfortable with Trains / BlaBlaCar then getting to Lisbon is what I would choose -- FWIW -- my wife and I use BlaBla all over the EU and LOVE IT - but it's definitely not for everyone lol...

We discovered this gem of an option when in France and the trains all went on strike -- and we were on a trip from Spain to France to Italy -- we saved a ton of money and met some really interesting people along the way -- love it!
Originally Posted by cfischer
fly to FRA and then onwards. Will give you most options. Looks like the flight cancelled at IAD anyway.
Originally Posted by ICN1K
Thanks for all the replies. I went with UA 932 to FRA. Will arrive about 6 hours later than expected. At least I’ll get a few extra lifetime miles.
If you need to get to the travel waiver: Travel Waiver: East Coast Severe Weather (August 22, 2022)

David