FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:23 pm
slariz

Originally Posted by jinu11
Thanks for all the responses. Children are young, 1 and 4 years old, main concern would be lugging strollers around the metro if that would be a big inconvenience, if being more "central" affords us the ability to just walk around without metro. From the airport I'm not thinking about, I will likely just hire transportation to take us, we aren't going to deal with metro/luggage/kids. We would get a suite at this hotel, which is the main pro in my mind, otherwise if we were to stay somewhere more central would probably be in a base room somewhere.
We just finished a stay here with two kids under 10 in an Eiffel Tower View suite - we had booked the base room and used a suite night upgrade. Honestly, it worked perfectly for us. Sure, it isn't the most central hotel but the view cannot be beat and we walked to Arc de Triomphe in 15 minutes. The lounge was meh, but I don't come to Paris to eat lounge food anyway. It was fine for a light breakfast and to pick up drinks anytime.

The cost of the room was like 220 euros, a fraction of the rest of the Hyatt properties in Paris. We put that savings (which for our dates was in the hundreds! next closest hotel was almost triple in price for a room that could accommodate all of us) into taxis when we got tired. You aren't going to get that "Oh my god" moment (which one of my kids actually did say!) opening the door and seeing the view out of any other Hyatt Paris hotel.