FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:42 am
FEMW

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
I’m due to fly EDI-LHR-SFO tomorrow at 0800. Originally we were on the 1015 which got cancelled so got shuffled onto the 0800. Tried to check-in and cannot but my husband can and his boarding pass is printed off. He is in 3C. On reading this thread, I thought I’d check my seat as I had reserved 3A but now I’m on 5F. But can’t check in anyway. The issue is I’m profoundly deaf (it is in my BAEC profile) and need my husband seated beside me for communication purposes. I also get seat selection for free because of this.

The other potential issue of not getting OLCI is that originally our booking (avios and 241) was for Canada in 2020 but since the Calgary flight got scrapped - we decided to change to SFO. During lockdown I changed my passport from Maiden to Married names. The paperwork submitted to BA to ensure the Canada trip now transferred to US trip in Married name. When I went to do the API a few weeks ago, I had to put in passport number to get past go. It wasn’t accepting the new passport number so decided to try the old passport number and it worked.

So - not being able to check in online could be due to the passport/name change issues. ESTAs are all in Married and Vacc Certs as well. They were all uploaded yesterday and have been approved. Or it is due to my disability and being separated from my ears. Or I’ve been selected for $$$$ which would be 2/2 each time I head to the States.

Bad enough having to leave house at 0430 without this palaver!

Thanks.