FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KVS Availability Tool
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:53 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Honorable? How can one be honorable given the business model and the number of reports of people paying and not receiving auth codes, etc. I'd question that.
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Yes, same here. I am always surprised by how negatively some people on these boards feel about KVS. I have not had any serious problem with the tool and have found it very useful on a number of occasions. I would not hesitate to use it again if needed. I am sure some people feel differently.

I don't mind providing my credentials, but this is good to know -- thank you!
Asking for subscriber credentials associated with accounts the subscriber is eligible for is one thing. Asking your own customers to create a fraudulent account is on a whole other level.

What started this was KVS was losing search functionality but instead of obtaining new data sources legitimately or just state this functionality is no longer available, KVS decided to ask it’s paying users to create fraudulent accounts on the FAU (Florida Atlantic University) travel site meant for its own users and without FAU consent.

KVS could have just created these fraudulent FAU account(s) itself and have subscribers’ searches funnel through these fake account(s) and its subscribers would have been none the wiser. KVS knew that if it went with that model, it would potentially open itself up to civil and criminal liability.

What does KVS do? It decides to knowingly and willfully have its paying subscribers create fraudulent FAU accounts so that customers like you can open yourself up to potential civil and criminal liability so that KVS can continue to profit.

That is why some of us have an issue with KVS.