FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New MSY Terminal opens (Nov 5, 2019) - experiences, logistics, etc.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:40 pm
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Blumie
My return flight was just over an hour late, arriving at 1:02am on Sunday night/Monday morning. I was first out of the plane, walked the length of the terminal and up to the departures level, got to my car in the garage, drove from the 4th level down to the first, paid for three days’ parking ($66, a little cheaper than a round-trip Uber or taxi), and was at home in mid-city/bayou St. John (I think technically it’s bayou St. John based on official maps I’ve seen, but I’m uncomfortable saying that since I’m on the wrong side of Orleans Avenue!), and in my home at 1:27am, exactly 25 minutes after the aircraft door opened.
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Damn, I thought I drove fast, but you must be going 100 mph It takes me 25 minutes to get to the airport from my house (Uptown near State/Magazine) with no traffic at 4 AM.
Originally Posted by Blumie
I had my cruise set at 75. 🙂
Today’s (Sunday’s) return flight arrived just before 4pm, so not surprisingly the airport was more crowded and the traffic heavier than when I arrived at 1am. Consequently, today it took me 31 minutes from opening the aircraft door until I arrived home in mid city (bayou St. John).