FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:06 am
richarddd

Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
I have only stayed in the Terrace Room or in the Terrace Suite, so unfortunately I can’t comment on the Vilon Suite. Looks like there are 3 windows in the living area, and another window in the bedroom, but I agree that it looks a bit dark in the photos.

I found the Vilon much better for service. They greeted us by name every time we walked in and out. But it is an entirely different concept, the Vilon has a proper lobby with a bar and restaurant, while the Portrait doesn’t have any common areas at all (except the rooftop terrace, which we couldn’t use because it was rainy/windy).

To freshen up my memories, I just checked the Portrait website and it’s very amusing how they describe it on their “Bars & Dining” page:[clip]
Looking dark with all of those windows is what worries me. The Terrace Suite looks very nice and much brighter.

I don't really care about F&B beyond breakfast given the number of restaurants in the area. Bars & Dining is amusing. I've never seen a hotel say it does delivery, let alone "With a flourish of white linen and the ting-ting of silver platters". Michelin star restaurant and rooftop bar Rome - Portrait Roma (lungarnocollection.com)