FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:14 am
valleywatch

Programs: royal orchid star alliance
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
There were three options for COVID-impacted bookings with THAI;

1. try and seek a refund. 2. take a voucher for the value you paid for your flights, and use it at a later date. 3. keep your tickets 'open dated' for use at a future time.

So you have ended up with option 3 kind of by default.

I deliberately sought option 3 as my ticket already had my ROP Gold upgrade applied to it and the other other two options would certainly see this lost. I also have (kind of) re-booked and am happy enough. THAI doesn't fly directly to Auckland since the pandemic so things have been a bit tricky.
Thanks for that.....That would explain a lot then!
In truth, I was really happy to get another flight, as I had "written off" ever getting a penny back from them!

Im only, usually! a lowly economy flight person...With Thai though, on the A380, it was a nice flight, could pay extra for a "better" seat upstairs, so I quite liked that flight...They are now though, using the 777. (at least for the mid-day flight!) from LHR. I have paid more for an "extra legroom" seat, (on the on the refurbed 777for both legs, so hopefully it will be an Ok ish flight...I am really looking forward to getting back out there though...been a long time!!