FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: What's a Systemwide Upgrade / SWU / VIP and how to use? (Master thread)
Old Aug 20, 2022, 8:10 pm
ghsbass0406

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by js1993
Booked a trip to Europe back in July and SWU cleared both ways the next day after I adjusted the trip dates. Reservation shows me booked in C and I selected J seats that same day last month. Receipt shows three different ticket numbers.

There's nothing at AA.com that mentions upgrade status, but I just noticed that in the app, when I view the reservation and then click the Upgrades button, it says "Requested" for the upgrades in both directions instead of "Confirmed."

Is this an app glitch or a sign of a problem? If the latter, what needs to happen and by whom? Another ticket re-issue? Obviously, I don't want to encounter a problem at check-in, but on the other hand, with so many bad agents right now, I don't want anyone even looking at the booking if it's not necessary. I feel like the customer version of Schrodinger's cat. Thanks.
This happened to me- unfortunately I had to call AA again to have them reissue the ticket. If it's correctly issued it should say "confirmed" on your upgrade information not "requested."