FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin experience post COVID
View Single Post
Old Aug 20, 2022, 4:30 pm
astonmartinv8

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
It’s not all Covid.

In case you forgot VA went into administration and exited with a new owner, Bain Capital.

If you compare the J fares against QF you can see why either, depending on your perspective:

1) QF fares are extortionate;
2) VA product could be better but expect higher fares.

Y is quite basic but the food was never a highlight in Y - rather the fares be lower. Best legroom of any narrow bodies in Australia (except REX which use ex-VA planes and are therefore identical). For a 1 hour hop it’s fine.
The comparison is really pre and post COVID for VA, and yes I was aware of the ownership change, which is the context I mention this in. VA had much improved J food just before COVID struck and fares are comparable with now to a great extent (perhaps slightly lower). I agree re the hard 737 product, although of course QF do have wide-bodies on certain routes.

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I have flown a number of times again with Virgin J recently and I found the service this time wonderful. The staff onboard were absolutely delightful and remembered us from a previous trip.
I tend to agree re the staff. They have some excellent people and as you say on a regular route you will see them again and some remember you.