FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin experience post COVID
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2022, 11:16 pm
Annalisa12
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I have flown a number of times again with Virgin J recently and I found the service this time wonderful. The staff onboard were absolutely delightful and remembered us from a previous trip. My daughter didn't want to pay for J so travelled in economy and the FA asked why she was all the way "back there" in row three! At the end of the flight they let her pass through the hallowed rope to get off at the same time as myself. (this particularly annoyed a Karen sitting in row 3 with my daughter which was fun to watch!). I thought the meal was very nice but I am a plain eater. In 3 trips I have had the same cajun burger. Our desert was a little heart chocolate. On one flight they allowed someone to get red wine top ups until the plane landed! I was really impressed with the staff of late.

However one of the ground staff needed to think about what they were saying. I paid for our family and grandkids (6 in all) to go from SYD to OOL in J. On check in we were told..."oh that's lucky you are all still in J and weren't bumped for some VIP". I replied "how do you know I am not a VIP". She didn't say another word

I am about to go to Fiji on Virgin instead of Fiji airways and my husband is up in arms like a billionaire saying... "WHAAT, no lounge and no tv on board on international!" That's what you get when cost cutting I guess or a lower price. We are on VA as we travelling with a friend who wanted the cheapest ticket he could get.