FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Used toiletries for sale at IC
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:04 am
Atacama40

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Are you suggesting that you leave a restaurant with the bottle of olive oil, salt and pepper, mustard and sugar?
These are indeed consumables.

Common sense is not so common after all. And I'm always surprised to see that, if no rule is posted, some people may consider it possible (probably the reason why in the hotel transfer buses from NRT airport, it is specified that it is not allowed to make phone calls, or in some spas).
I remember a [German] passenger in the Air France business lounge in Rio who, when asked by the staff to end his Facetime call, retorted: but it's not written anywhere!
He was told: yes, because that's just basic politeness towards other passengers who may not want to hear your private conservation with your mother!
Again extending the point to a point where it breaks free of it's natural orbit of logic Nicholas. Maybe a re-read in the right spirit is in order. We are discussing coffee sachets, bars of soap, hair conditioner and cotton buds here. They define themselves very clearly. And the hotels are fully aware of this.

A little hearted debate about hotel surface counter walk-ables becomes an essay on stealing remotes and bottles of olive oil?

On the etiquette of needless video calls in inappropriate locations I do however absolutely agree with you.