FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:17 am
Inselhuepfer

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Frequent Flyer
Hello,

This is not so much a "I can't check in" question but a "where do I check in" one and apologies for a real rookie question.
I'm on my first code share, member of BA Exec Club, booked via AA but travelling: DUS - LHR (overnight connection), then LHR - JFK (both flights on BA) and the final flight JFK - SFO (on AA).

I am aware that Verifly won't work and that I most likely won't be able to completely check in online, however, do I check in via the AA website / app or via BA? I have the AA app and have access to the flights via the booking reference but the flights are also shown in my BA profile (albeit with AA flight number).

There is no AA desk at DUS, so I will have to see the BA check-in desk at DUS to get my documents verified, which makes me think that I should check in via the BA website.

I usually fly point-to-point on the carrier I booked with and haven't done this before, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much!