FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Car Seat or Not To Car Seat, That is the Question...[Merged Threads]
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:47 am
Erasmus

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by a7x
hi all,

This is my first question on FT! I am travelling with my wife and toddler (just turned 2 this month) on LH J YVR-FRA-DEL and then a domestic DEL-HYD.
We are carrying his car seat but we would prefer if he has fun in his lie flat seat. Can we carry it, decide it's not working out (coz we really don't know if it will) and then give it to FAs for temporary storage until landing?

Or is it more of a "if you take it, you got to use it throughout the flight" kinda thing?

He is also sleep trained and always sleeps in his crib. How easy is it for kids to sleep on a lie flat bed after having used the crib for so long? Before this flight, we have always carried his pack-n-play on our road trips and he loves that stuff.

We are planning on carrying an Evenflo car seat and not his massive britax marathon. Thanks!
I don't think you'll have much luck with the "give it to the FA for storage" bit, but you definitely don't have to use it if you don't want. I have no experience with an Evenflo but our Cosco seat fit in the overhead bins of wide bodies so would take it on the lie-flat seats (including on LH, although our routes were 748s IIRC), use it for takeoff and landing, and then put it up once airborne and just let our kids sit/lay/play on the seats in lie-flat position.