FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Oneworld Explorer User Guide
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:27 pm
Pharaohnz

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Pharaohnz Welcome to FT

The full route of your *ONE* ticket would help. [assuming it is a OW *ONE* ticket]
*ONE* tickets do not have transits points. Just a series of flights. Guess you had LHR-SEA(AA) and SEA-SJC(AS). Voluntary changing SEA would be a reroute. An involuntary change can be treated different by some airlines/phone agents. For a seat to be available on a reroute or reschedule(date) need to be in the same fare class (L D A). In the past AA have had agents who were good & knowledgeable about *ONE* rules.
Good luck.
Thanks and yes you are correct my ticket is LONE4. I wasn’t aware that there is no transit point with this type of ticket as the fare calculation in the e-ticket shows this which seems to suggest that they price transit differently than a stopover ? MEL MH X/KUL MH TPE JL TYO JL LON AA X/SEA AS SAN AS ORL AA DFW QF MEL

Even if there is no transit point with *ONE* ticket surely MH should still be able to change the LON/SEA leg from AA155 to BA49 on 22 Nov if I can see it as available on the Oneworld planner?

Also since it’s AA that cancelled the flight is it true that they can’t do anything since the ticket is not issued by them or it’s all luck of the draw which agent you speak to?