FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:22 pm
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Staying at the Kimpton Winslow Key West, can we simply walk over to one of the 2 Hilton resorts have a nice dinner, charge to AX, to use some of our credit?
Also staying at Hilton Miami Bentley but usually only use around $125 there.
For it to work automatically, the restaurant would need to use the same merchant account as the hotel, so it would post as a Hilton Charge.

However, I think hotels have the ability to setup a folio for guests that aren't staying at the hotel. I would check with the front desk and ask

I stay at the Hilton Oakbrook, IL resort fairly frequently and one of the regulars is local to the area, so he never stays at the hotel, but he pays a monthly/yearly fee to the resort to use their gym/fitness center.

I was chatting with him once and we got to talking about how great the Aspire was. Having a quick chat with the hotel front desk couldn't hurt. Many of these resort are franchises, so they may be willing to work with you.

You could always order a drink first, charge it to your card, and see if it shows as a pending Hilton charge. Good Luck.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Aug 15, 2022 at 3:37 pm