FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any recent TLV experiences?
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:04 am
davidcamp6

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by kingcole974
We are doing a city break to TLV in November having taken part in the part pay with Avios offer a couple of months back. Will be in WTP for the first time in years but figured that fine for sub 5 hours. Actually started in JER to save APD and ending up paying £400 for both of us, so a great way to grab 190 tier points each as well.

My question though is we are thinking of renting a car. I've driven in some challenging countries. What should I expect in TLV? My plan is to rent from a city location after a few days then do a day trip to Jerusalem and finally drive up to the Dead Sea for a couple of nights, before leaving there the the 4pm flight home with an airport drop off.

Any pitfalls other than the warnings above about allowing extra time?
TLV - don't drive in the city, its a pain and with the building of the light rail it is getting worse in some parts,. It can take you just as long to navigate TLV from the main hotel areas than it can to drive to say, Latrun. To go to Jerusalem, get the train from TLV, then light rail down to Old City. As to the Dead Sea, unless you pick up a rental in Jerusalem take an organised tour.