FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:57 am
kalderlake

Originally Posted by allbrosca
Does this look bookable if I phone it in and any tips on the best way to feed it to the agent?
YYZ- IAD (AC or UA)
IAD-AUH (EY)
AUH-JNB (EY)
JNB-CPT (SA)
I don't know if it matters, but YYZ-CPT is approximately 8100 miles on GC Maps and YYZ-IAD-AUH-JNB-CPT is just over 12,000 miles. First flight on UA keeps me away from dynamic pricing but gives me a long layover in IAD. I had YYZ-EWR-JNB-CPT ready to phone in and EWR-JNB on UA disappeared. I shouldn't have waited

Thanks for any help.
When I call I say:

"I have a series of flights I'd like to book and was hoping you could enter them into the system and see if they work."

If the answer is "that's not how it works", I HUCA, politely. (Though that has not happened the last few times I've called.)

If yes, I say eg. "it's for one person, me, and I'm flying in J. The first flight is from YVR to IST on April 1st, 2023".

Provide the list of flights and dates, then let them see what the computer comes up with for choices, and if they need prompting on the exact flight(s) you want, tell them eg "TK 76 @" whatever the departure time is.

The better prepared you are, the better it goes, in my experience.