FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One agent at DUB LH/LX counter for LX check in 11Aug LX407
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:27 am
chris63
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
My experience this summer on LH from DUB to FRA:

I flew in early June and I was on the 9:10 AM flight. I arrived at the airport at 6:30. I walked through the maze in the front of the airport to get inside. There was a huge line for check in at the LH counter. There were 2 ticket agents. These are contract employees by the airport. There were 2 people in the business class line. That is where I went. When anyone was in the business class line, the one agent only would take them. The other agent was for all the other passengers.

I was through in about 3 minutes. Fast track security skipped another huge line.

We board the plane and wait. The pilot announces that they have to 'remove some bags'. I assume its people who are not on the plane. But it was wrong.

The plane had been on the ground for more than an hour. The grounds crew was so backed up that they hadn't unloaded the bags from the previous flight yet, which meant that people were waiting over an hour for their luggage. They unloaded the bags. Then we waited for another ground crew to load our bags. I watched it out the window. We left DUB 2 hours late and I (like most people) missed my connection in FRA.

I put the blame squarely on DUB airport. They simply did not staff. Perhaps the people who didn't make the plane to Zurich were still stuck in security. If not for business class, I would have waited hours in both lines.
Yes, that’s all too common at EU airports they got rid of the Staff & failed to see the rebound in travel

Add to that when you get rid of Staff that worked loyally for many years , why would they want to come back…