FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:13 am
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by HGOLI
Similar to my experience on 26 May. Utter chaos. The Port Health 'Authority' insisted all international pax had to have a PCR test there and then despite us all having Certificates. No NHS ones were accepted as the Port Health said they were 'not certificates', and they made us all move to another very long queue' (I use that term in the loosest sense).

© courtesy of Just Nats on Twitter

It was a shambles, so many people incredibly upset, missing onward flight connection, etc. When the 'queue' for the PCR test became unmanageable, someone suddenly shouted we were free to leave, and to proceed to pport control. From disembarking it took 2 hrs just to get to passport control. On Twitter, OR Tambo put out a tweet, saying their Operations Team were deployed to help the Port Authority with 'queue management'. There was no queue, just a mass of people, who were wondering what the hell was happening.

I was there in January, no problems at all, but May was abysmal. I am due back next month, and to be honest, really not looking forward to the OR Tambo 'experience' again.
Wow... And you don't even need PCR test results anymore, right? What a mess.