FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge {US-CO}
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:39 pm
satbeach

Programs: UA 1P, PC Platinum, HH Diamond
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Check In Check in was ok, but this was the first inkling that this wasn't going to be a great stay--the front desk clerk informed me that there is no AC in the hotel, instead, our room would have 2 fans. Hmm. Seems like this would be prominently displayed on the hotel webpage. But, temps were in the low 70s; so this shouldn't be a problem. Booked 2 queens with a sofabed and balcony. Was not offered an upgrade (you can get the same room with 2 kings). Room Room was dingy and dirty, although a good size. The issue was a lack of lighting. One floor lamp near the sofabed, one lamp (single lightbulb) between the 2 queens, and 2 overhead lights above the sink/fridge, one of which was burned out. Carpet was very dirty and wallpaper was torn.Tub drain was clogged. This is something that housekeeping should have known about, but clearly didn't care (a theme among the staff). Maintenance didn't fix until the following morning. There also were only 2 bath towels, even though I had 4 people listed on the reservation.Only 1 fan in the room, and the cord wasn't long enough to put in front of the screen door to pull in the cool mountain air (we were on the 6th floor). If it had been 10 degrees hotter outside, the room would have been unbearable.Not part of the room, but the pool is closed due to "COVID". Bull. They've walled it off and are using it store furniture. There are 3 small hot tubs outside. You do have access to an outside pool in the neighborhood, which is about 2 blocks away. I pointed out to the front desk that they really should remove the pictures of the pool off their website. Dining Dining was not good. As a Diamond, I got $30/day credit, which was not enough for me and my wife to eat breakfast at the bistro. Forget about eating in the dining room with your credit. I will say one of the baristas at the bistro was incredibly nice.One late afternoon, we went to the bar to take advantage of the $5 Breckenridge Brews advertised for $5 from 4-6. Bartender had no idea what I was talking about. I told him to read the big sign outside the restauarant. He came back and said he didn't know what that was. I went to the front desk--they had no clue; so we left. Location Breckenridge is very nice, and the hotel is a short walk to downtown, and there is a free shuttle that passes the hotel, with the stops within easy walking distance. Overall Really disappointing experience. It was so bad, that I actually complained to Hilton, which I never do. I was offered 10,000 points, but the point of my complaint was not the points, I wanted someone to know how bad this hotel is. It is absolutely the worst Doubletree I've ever stayed in. I wish we had looked at other options because we could have rented a 2 bedroom townhome for less than we paid for our hotel room.The management clearly doesn't care and hasn't trained their employees at all. I'd avoid this hotel.